Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Friday, June 09, 2006

My tomato hedge!

Finally, a picture of my tomato hedge! planted about 12" apart, have been pinching out side shoots but will allow it to spread now and will tie in to a framework of wires and bamboo poles. Varieties include, Harlequin, Sungold, Gardeners Delight, Alicante,Moneymaker, Marglobe, and my own variety named "Wisley" - actually a tomato liberated from an un-named trial last year. Its name was something like R548888nn/567 - so I re-named it! (see previous blog named Stolen from Heligan) Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>