Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Some Rhubarb

Here is a test picture of the rhubarb at the Kitchen Garden at Heligan.
If successful, I will go out and get some veggie pics for my blog. Cool ! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 10:06 PM, Blogger AllotmentBoss said...

Hi Matron,

Thanks for leaving the comment on my blog. There are actually quite a few U.K. allotmenting (or gardening) blogs out there. I've never yet got round to keeping a list of them on my site, bt Jane Perrone's site seems to act as a bit of a natural hub... http://www.perrone.blogs.com/

As far as I know you and I are the only two blogging allotmenters to be growing sweet potatoes. This is the third year I've grown them, and I always pot them up promptly when I get them. However, they always go through a patch of about two weeks where they look really dead after I've potted them up. Quite often they lose their leaves and look beyond hope, but they always come back. Do you have any hot tips for keeping them more lively out of the box?

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Wild Mood Swings said...

Aha you see blooger unites people.

Glad you were able to get your pictures up at last.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Hx said...

woohoo piccies! Ow and words!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>