Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Thursday, September 21, 2006

American Brown lettuce

On a recent trip to Northern Norway, I stopped at Nordkapp or North Cape - the Northern most part of mainland Europe. In a gardening shop I bought a packet of lettuce seeds named "Americanische Braun" assuming that they would be fairly hardy. I am really pleased with the results. The leaves are quite soft and tender, fairly elongated leaves like a cos, but much bigger. Light green with a dusting of brown. Delicious to eat, awaits the cold weather for full report. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

>