Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Strawberries

These strawberries have been in a growbag up on a table outside. In the last few weeks they have been swelling and slowly ripening one by one. This picture was taken the day before yesterday. I thought that one more days' sunshine would ripen it perfectly and would make a gourmet snack. I arrived yesterday and it had gone!!! I was suspecting all sorts of people, and apart from having taken a photograph of it the day before, there was no real evidence that it existed at all... apart from some evidence on the ground.... yes, my black , furry trousered, four-legged, veggie-eating, enterprising DOG had stood upright and got to it before I did !!!

But I still love him!

1 Comments:

At 1:08 PM, Blogger clairesgarden said...

thats funny, I hope he appreciates all that home grown organinc favour!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>