Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Monday, April 07, 2008

Cold Snap!

What a difference just a couple of days can make? 2 days ago it was a lovely 62 degrees and I was sitting in the sunshine with a Tshirt on enjoying some lovely warm weather...
And look what happened just a couple of days later. I have seen blue tits flying in and out of the box in the last few days so I think they have put down a deposit and moved into their new house.
Well, one advantage of the snow is it makes a black dog easier to see!
Broad beans are perfectly hardy, and the snow didn't settle for more than half a day, so they are happy sitting in the warm afternoon sun now. Funny old weather! I guess you bloggers up there in Northern Canada are laughing at me right now!! but snow of any description is uncommon these days.

6 Comments:

At 7:59 PM, Blogger Paul and Melanie said...

lmao that seal looks most perplexed by the snow... ;)

 
At 9:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we in the UK deserve our bit of excitement about at the snow. As you say it's a rare event nowadays.

 
At 4:20 AM, Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

Wow! I thought you were free and clear of winter. After several bouts of rain and sun yesterday, it ended with hail just because it could. Hope you'll at least have done in some bad bugs.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Wild Mood Swings said...

Happy Burpday , Matron

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Hx said...

*"HAPPY BIRTHDAY"* :-)

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Matron, I also might have snow in my future. We've had snow quite often in April. I think that the onions will be okay though. I hope!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>