Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Food for Free

Let me introduce you to a book which I have used and owned for about 30 years. If you are sick and tired of those pesky weeds which just grow and grow in the garden this time of year, then this book will give you a fresh way of thinking about them. For example, you can pick and steam chickweed, shepherds purse, nettles and even ground elder! Loads of exciting new ideas for hedgerow searching. See if you can find a copy.
And I couldn't resist showing you my new shoes!!!

4 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger Kath said...

I've had the book for about the same length of time. It's brilliant. Have you tried Pontak's Sauce - with elderberries? Wonderful.

Nice shoes, by the way!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Wild Mood Swings said...

Are of the readers aware of this.

http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/permaculture/2008-June/031550.html

Passed onto to me by Murray in NZ

 
At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well they do say that owners eventually come to resemble their dogs :-)

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger this is my patch said...

Great photo of the two paws.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>