Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Join Matron's Worldwide Veggie Show!

I am asking fellow bloggers to submit entries into Matron's Worldwide Veggie Show 2009. You might not have the time or the inclination to submit a plate of your best fruit or veggies to your local county show, but can you spare a few minutes to send me a photo of your best harvest?

Take a picture of 6 items which should be of uniform shape, size and colour. Display them on a plate or line them up on a bench and take a photo for me! Please let me know which variety they are! Email your entries to me. As this is a worldwide show, I would particularly welcome entries from far-flung and exotic places! but if you are in USA, OZ, India, Suffolk or Yorkshire... I am looking forward to your entries too!

I will be posting them along with a link to your blog, and judging them by 14th July, the winner will be the contribution which makes me salivate the most! Matron's decision is final!

11 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Great idea! I love the stipulation of six items of uniform size, when contrasted with your photograph of 10 potatoes of wildly disparate sizes!

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger WeekendFarmer said...

you are torturing me with the pics of the gooseberry. I so badly want some : ). Great job on them!

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Petunia's Gardener said...

Oh, how fun! I don't know if I have 6 of anything, but I'll see what i can do. Hopefully, we'll resolve the blasted computer issue in time. You beans & peas are growing but those darn tomatoes aren't sprouting! I have one seed reserved in case the others didn't sprout. I'll try again!
Paula

 
At 5:09 AM, Blogger Dan said...

This sounds fun, I will have to partake. Can you submit just one photo?

 
At 5:27 AM, Anonymous kitsapFG said...

Oh goodness that sounds fun! I am not sure I have six of anything that would be "uniform"! LOL!

I will have to give some thought as to what would make a "mouth watering" entry.

Hmmmm... chocolate truffles from my chocolate truffle plant? ;)

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger VP said...

Brilliant Matron! I was too late for your trug last year, so here's hoping I get 6 of something to meet your deadline! Do aphids count - my crop of them's coming along particularly well this year ;)

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Matron said...

Dan - by all means send me a couple of pics and I will have more variety and choice in my post.
VP - yes! there are loads of aphids around this year. If you can photograph 6 aphids, side by side and of uniform shape, size and colour... I will post it!!!

 
At 11:58 PM, Blogger gintoino said...

Great idea! You know how I love to photograph vegetables. The dificulty will be in finding six of anything, specially uniform in size and color. Can we submit more then one picture?

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Matron said...

gintoino - yes you can send me a couple of pictures, this will enable me to have a much greater variety of colour and varieties in the final post.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Curmudgeon said...

Oh my! We have such a host of horrors running amock in the garden right about now that I'm not sure we'll have six of anything with which to enter your contest! LOL!

 
At 10:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I get a chance to get to the plot tomorrow, I will see if I can get six of something to enter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>