Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Join in Matron's Dogblog!

So many of us garden bloggers out there have canine helpers to supervise our daily activities. I thought I would plan a whole post dedicated to them! Go out and take a snap of your best friend helping out, and email it to me by 28th September. Be part of Matron's Dogblog!

8 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a lovely idea Matron :o) my helpers are feline but they are my best friends in the garden so can I still join in?

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger tina said...

What a sweet old dog. Mine is also most gray and a good helper. I will forget to email you so I'll try to do it right away this time.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Mary Delle LeBeau said...

Your garden companion looks so attentive and sweet. I bet you love his/her help in the garden.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Mary Delle LeBeau said...

Also, thanks for your comment on my blog. I looked at the rest of yours and your vegetables look great!

 
At 9:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Matron, I found this Fried Green Tomatoes recipe online....it sounds like what I remember my Grandma M. putting together to make FGTs for my Grandpa and me...I'll try it too since I've got lots of green tomatoes on the vine, let me know if you use it. (my Grandma's people were from England...her Grandpa was from Newcastle-on-Tyne and her father, Edwin Louis King, was from England but not sure from where).

Fried Green Tomatoes: http://elise.com/recipes/archives/001506fried_green_tomatoes.php

I like the dog blog idea....will send you a photo of our miniature long-haired dachshund, will try to get one of him in my mini garden.

 
At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Liz said...

How I wish I had a dog to email you pictures of! But sadly not :-( I'll look forward to seeing everyone else's though!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Wild Mood Swings said...

Can I add a Zebra ?

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Corner Gardener Sue said...

Well, I see now what I should have done. I'm thinking I need to answer my comments and check out my commenters' blogs before putting up my next posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>