Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

My Whistlestop Tour

Currently sailing round the UK on the Cunard liner Queen Victoria. Saturday had a wonderful day in Cobh where I met Peggy from Organic Growing Pains. (photos when I get back). Sunday in Dublin, yesterday in Liverpool where I was honoured to meet HRH the Duchess of Cornwall on board (lovely lady). As we sailed out of Liverpool after her maiden visit, the Captain of the ship decided to have a horn honking competition with the Mersey Ferry!!
Today I was in Belfast, drove all the way up the spectacular Antrim coastline to the Giants Causeway. Fantastic day. Tomorrow is Glasgow and a visit to a whisky distillery in Glengoyne and Loch Lomond. I do get around!

7 Comments:

At 4:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, you do!Enjoy your great holiday.

 
At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Damo said...

That sounds like a great trip, enjoy!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Matron! I hope you stopped at Carrick Castle and why didn't you drop in for a cuppa???

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Matron said...

Carrie - we are just sailing out of Glasgow on the Clyde. Tomorrow we will be at sea sailing around the North coast of Scotland and on Friday we will be parked under the Forth bridge and take tenders ashore to South Queensferry where I take a trip into Edinburgh for the day. Are you anywhere near?

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

Hi Matron, it sounds like you are enjoying the cruise and all the different stops to sight see.I hope you are taking lots of photos to show us when you get back to terra firma.

 
At 12:43 AM, Anonymous maureen said...

Oh I am so envious ! I love Cobh and Dublin is my favorite place to be. Have a wonderful trip wherever you go next.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Wild Mood Swings said...

My chums are on the Queensferry lifeboat

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>