Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Matron's Christmas Veggie Blog

Just a reminder that I will be posting a special Christmas Veggie Blog in the week before Christmas. I will be asking bloggers to send me a photo in the first weeks of December of something edible that you are growing in your allotment or garden that will be ready to eat on Christmas Day. Think of something to send Matron. More to follow.

7 Comments:

At 12:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish I was growing something to enter! will be looking forward to seeing what others have grown...

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Mr. H. said...

Sounds like fun.:)

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Don't think i've ever really seen the way brussel sprouts grow so interesting pic. The Christmas veg blog will be good - not sure i'll have anything (maybe).

 
At 7:33 AM, Blogger Steve said...

I am sure I will come up with something from the garden, but my sprouts have been attacked so not as good as yours by miles.

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Cabbage Tree Farm said...

Lovely sprouts.
Will try to remember re. the Xmas post.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Shaheen said...

Sadly I will not be able to participate this year, but you try stopping me next year :)

I look forward to seeing what everyone else submits though.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Matron said...

You can even grow some beansprouts or alfalfa on your kitchen windowsill. Just join in the fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>