Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Friday, March 30, 2012

Rialto Market - Venice Part 1

Many countries around the world cherish and appreciate their local fresh produce! It is a normal part of everyday life in Venice to get your fresh produce from the daily market. The Rialto market in Venice is no exception. Here's a quick tour.
I think this variety is a 'heart shaped' beefsteak tomato like 'cora de bois'. More a pink colour than deep red, they are sold everywhere in Italy.The Rialto market on the left, and the iconic fish market building on the right are at the heart of the market area right on the Grand Canal. The area of the fish market is partly enclosed with these blinds to keep the area inside shaded and cool.
Everyone there makes the market a part of their daily routine.
Some just take it in their stride!
You've seen one market, you've seen them all!

6 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

I'd love some fresh fruit from some of those markets you've posted about. I had store bought strawberries yesterday and they had no flavour whatsoever. Market fruit and veg is usually full of flavour.

 
At 2:48 PM, Blogger Celia Hart said...

Looks like veg heaven to me!

Veg and dogs in a market... in Venice! You must have been on cloud nine.

Celia
x

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks a fun place to visit.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Gardeningbren said...

Wow look at those tomatoes!! Fantastic.

 
At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Soilman said...

I spent hours and hours at that market when I was in Venice. It's utterly fantastic. I can't resist markets in foreign countries: it's so exciting to see the marvellous things other people are eating!

 
At 4:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My brother suggested I would possibly like this web site. He was totally right.

This publish truly made my day. You cann't believe just how a lot time I had spent for this info! Thanks!
my webpage > outdoor window shades

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>