Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Monday, May 20, 2013

Matron Goes to Chelsea - Part 1


 I had a wonderful day today at the RHS Chelsea Flower Show.  In past years at the show I may have been frustrated at the lack of anything other than flowers... but no more!   Well, you should expect flowers at a flower show - but nowadays gardeners' interests are much wider, and many people are embracing the idea of growing their own food.   This year's show is by far the best in that respect.   But first the celebs....
 Star spotting was easy on press day, every type of telly-welly-totty-spotting was possible.  There was a definite buzz around Chris Beardshaw's Arthritis research garden, one of my favourites.
 
The BBC are showing highlights from RHS Chelsea each evening this week, I look forward to these.
 


Watch out for Part 2.. lots and lots from this amazing show!

4 Comments:

At 9:22 PM, Blogger Peggy said...

You had a fabulous day by the look of the photos, I have just watched it on TV and cannot wait for the weekend to see it for myself!

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Celia Hart said...

You saw Chris Beardshaw (v envious!)
Have absolutely no idea who the first two are ... but expect they are famous for something or other.
Can't wait for part 2.

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger Matron said...

Celia - first two are Laurence Llewellyn Bowen and Tim Smit (Heligan & Eden)

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Wyatt said...

Wish we were there!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>