Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Matron Strikes Gold!


I was out digging in the garden over the weekend when I struk gold!  Who would have thought it?  There I was minding my own business, weeding my suburban allotment in West London when...

Lo and behold I caught something glinting in my dark London clay soil!  So, gold pan in hand (I just found one in the potting shed..) I headed for the water butt to do some more panning.  Nugget after nugget they just kept coming. 
I'd better not tell anyone, look what happend in the Klondike... there was a gold rush!

7 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Cool April Fool Matron - nice one!

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger Da Vikka said...

Wonder wot the date is?!

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Da Vikka said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 9:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha, I really believed you!

 
At 2:42 AM, Blogger islandgal246 said...

You almost had me on this one! LOLL

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Captain Shagrat said...

Hehe I was just telling my partner about your gold rush 1 day later, then all of a sudden I said hang on a minute it was April fools yesterday. Good one ya got me with your fools gold matron:-)

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Janice said...

We're often reading about someone in the U.K. finding/digging up some 'Roman' treasure, so nothing would surprise me. Too bad it was an April Fool's joke!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>