Down on the Allotment

Matron grows vegetables and fruit in a Hampshire garden. I've been growing veggies since I was knee high to a grasshopper. Some traditional varieties and old favourites as well as new ideas. I share my garden with my allotment assistant Daisy the Labrador. On Twitter as @MatronsVeggies

Sunday, May 11, 2014

More from Berlin

 Well, you have to take a picture of the Brandenburg Gate if you go to Berlin, so here it is!  Fascinating history to this city which is a great place to visit.
 Another...er... delicacy is the 'Currywurst'. I suppose I had to try it just for the 'cultural experience'.. really it is just a bratwurst sprinkled with generic curry powder, chopped and covered in some sort of curry sauce which really tasted more like barbecue sauce to me.  Not bad.. but nothing to write home about.
 So back to the important stuff.  I did find a market in Dresden.  I found this lovely market stall selling nothing but all sorts of different types of brushes.  Back brushes, nail brushes, bottle brushes and dustpans and brushes.  These were 'bad' brushes... ie. bad = bath in translation.
 So, I found some enormous Rabarber...
 Some Blumenkohl..
and best of all... some 'schwarzwurzel'...  looks like Salisfy to me.. but the name made me giggle.

2 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Mark Willis said...

Did you not see any "Dickerbohnen" then??

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger Carrie said...

Oh how you make me giggle! I'd love to visit Berlin one day, of course I too would spend ages in the market taking photos - love it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

>